Our Adventure







There is a place near Port Townsend that I have been wanting to go to for a long time.  It is known to the locals as Glass Beach. Many years ago, this area was the town dump.  It has cliffs along the beach and the garbage was dumped over the cliff, which now makes for lots of seaglass. It is a 3-4 mile walk on the beach from North Beach.  I was up for the challenge, but then we checked the tides and ferry schedule and things didn't quite work right for us.  So Scott suggested that we hop aboard the boat and drive it right up to the beach.  So the adveture began.  We launched the boat, Scott, Tanner and I, and we were off.  Our plan worked out perfectly and we had a great day at the beach.



Shortly after arriving I explained to Tanner that at this beach people occasionally find marbles.  I told him that I would give him $5 if he found one.  He was determined to find one! We searched for quite a while coming up with lots of seaglass, but no marbles. Scott and Tanner went up the beach in the boat and we decided we would walk and meet eachother. After a while of looking I looked up and saw Tanner running towards me, I knew he must have found something good. This is what he found. He definetly earned his $5.

We had a great time and found lots of glass, so now I am ready to get busy.

0 comments:

 

© Emery Bay Designs
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates